Luxeuil (French: Base aérienne 116 Luxeuil Saint-Sauveur or BA 116) (ICAO: LFSX) is a medium size air base located at 47°46′59″N 006°21′51″E, near Luxeuil-les-Bains in the Franche-Comté region of France. It has two runways: 113/293 with a length of 2433m, and 038/218 with a length of 2315m.
The base is used exclusively by the Armée de l’air and hosts two operational units:
- Strike Squadron 1/4 Dauphiné
- Strike Squadron 2/4 La Fayette
Both are equipped with the Mirage 2000N and can be deployed in conventional strike and nuclear deterrence missions, carrying the medium-range Air-Sol Moyenne Portée ASMP mssiles for the latter.
The two units are supported by:
- DAMS (Dépôt atelier munitions spécialisées), Specialised Ammunition Storage, responsible for the nuclear strike alert facilities on the base.
- Tactical Instruction Centre 00.339 Aquitaine, in charge of directing the strike squadrons in their low-altitude all-weather mission.
- Air Defence squadron 04.950 Servance, responsible for anti aircraft defence.
- Fusiliers Commandos de l’Air, responsible for security and ground defence.